Yes, it happened again. Finals came and I’m up to my ears with assignments neglecting everything else, my health included. I’ve been sick on and off for the last 2-3 weeks and that means I feel even more rushed and panicked to finish up everything in time for my classes. Even now I should be preparing for my last exam on Tuesday but I can’t postpone a short status update…
The most important thing: I’ll be back from Wednesday, May 14th!!!
I have posts waiting to be photographed and written. Just a few ideas:
- Purchases from a Rummage Sale, mainly photography props
- Review of my new Nikon 35mm f1.8G AF-S DX lens
- Review of my Nikon 16-85mm f3.5 – 5.6G ED VR AF-S DX lens
- Living on a student budget: conclusions after my first year
- My New Lipstick Love: NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick in Carthage
- New skin care staples for the coming summer
- Photography: portraits and events for my friends (if they let me post their pictures, I didn’t have time to contact and ask them yet)
So… Just a little more and see you soon!
I had a little outing last week, we went for a nice walk at Presque Isle with my friends Kristen, Joshua and Tyson (their dog). It was very windy but the sun was in and out and we had a lovely time. I especially liked the sandy beach… amazing how the lake was still iced over at parts. You can see the white outline on the horizon… that’s all ice! See more below…
I love the sport! I think it is a delight to watch on TV (though others sometimes call it boring…) and even better to participate. I love that you need a lot of skill (good aim, perfectly calculated strength, stamina) and a good sense of balance on slidy ice to play well. I’m definitely lacking on the balance front but it gave life to a lot of hilarity that I took good-naturedly and just laughed with the crowd. I also tend to keep my mouth open wide when I concentrate so I apologies in advance for the weird pictures of me.
Walking and fooling around with the guys. The castle wasn’t anything great but we had a good time despite the cold.
There was an old steam boat waiting for warmer times. I would like to try a ride on it in spring.
The best moment was at golden hour when we drove up to the Visiting Center and stopped to take some photos. Beautiful view! Click to enlarge!