Hungarian is the official language of Hungary, and thus an official language of the European Union. The language is really unique in Europe. It belongs to the Uralic language family with an Asian-Siberian origin, and is one of the few of the languages of Europe that are not part of the Indo-European family. The Hungarian name for the language is magyar /mɒɟɒr/ or magyar nyelv. The word Magyar is also occasionally used as an English word to refer to Hungarian people as an ethnic group, or to the language.
Hungarian has about 13 million native speakers, of whom more than 9.8 million live in Hungary.
I covered the first post and why I started but you don’t know anything about me and what I intend to do with this blog.
I’m a Hungarian kindergarten teacher – conductor studying in the US with a scholarship. I’m going for a Master in Special Ed and possibly an early childhood teacher cert but that’s still pretty far in the future. I live with several housemates about whom you will hear occasionally. There’s Brad and Ken, my landlords, a student from Saudi Z and a free room that waiting for someone new and a whole neighborhood of mismatched characters that make life interesting.
Thank you all for adopting me!!!
I work on campus as a Graduate Assistant in my Uni’s Marketing Department and have classes in the afternoons, early evenings, so life is busy.
13+1 Random facts about me:
- I ♥ learning languages! (Favs are Italian, French and Japanese, not an expert in Russian, Arabic and Croatian)
- My favorite make-up trend is bold lips.
- I read a lot of fan fiction.
- I ♥ wearing hats.
- My best friend lives in Perugia, Italy.
- I ♥ travel and macro photography but not very interested in taking pictures of normal, everyday things although sometimes I manage… 🙂
- My favorite footwear is boots.
- I ♥ to cook and bake when it is not a necessity (meaning just for fun).
- I hate talking on phones in English.
- I’m a shopaholic on a student budget… broke a lot!
- I ♥ fall colors (brick red, leaf green, moss, orange, yellowy browns and mustard).
- My favorite taste is sour. Give me a sour gummy any time!
- I can be really superstitious, so I cannot finish this on 13…
+1. Cat or dog doesn’t matter as long as they are reasonably clean and do not shed.
Focus of this blog
That’s the question of the month actually because I haven’t figured it out completely. I will start out with a mix of things and narrow it down from there. We’ll see what kind of topics interest me more.
So, lifestyle blog with photography, cooking, make-up, education and other ideas for now.
Expect some real stuff in my next post!
See you soon! Sleep tight!