I decided to start a new series called Sweet Tooth on my new blog. I love cooking but baking is more of a passion to me, especially if the creation is sweet. So, here’s the first installment, a super easy recipe from home adapted for Valentine.
Around 3.5 cups of flour (40 dkg)
½ teaspoon baking powder
2/5 cups of sugar
1 and ¾ stick of soft butter
100 ml milk
For pink icing:
Cranberry flavored juice (or any other red colored one)
1. Mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar and add the milk and soft butter. Kneed until it formers a ball of pastry. The consistency have to be soft and a little sticky.
2. Put it into the fridge for around 15 minutes so it firms up a little bit. Before taking the pastry out start your oven on 380 fahrenheit degrees.
3. On a board cut the ball into half (I like to work with smaller amounts) and roll it out a little bit thinner than you want your cookies to be (it will rise a little in the oven too).
4. Cut out flower and heart shapes placing them on a tray lined with parchment and put them into the oven for 16-18 minutes. Be careful, these are very light colored cookies (there’s no egg in the pastry) so you have to check the bottom of one before deeming it done. When they are finished let them cool for a while.
5. For the next step mix together powdered sugar and a little of red juice until its thick and combined. The thicker the less runny it will be on your cookies. One by one coat the top of the cookies on a flat plate then let them dry.
6. Be patient, it can take 20-30 minutes! Pack them away in an airtight tinbox, it will keep it fresh for longer.